I gave this as a public lecture at Luther College on February 10, 2010. It pretty long, so I’m just attaching it as a link to the pdf document. The subsections include:
- Location matters.
- A peculiar challenge.
- Homosexuality is NOT the issue.
- The conversation we’re not at all ready to have.
- Bodied Grace.
- The voices we need present.
- How we approach the Bible.
- What we might hope to find in the Bible.
- Living theology.
- Finally: gender and sexuality.
- Incarnation and the Life of the Church.
The whole talk can be downloaded here: Bodied Grace: rethinking sexuality from the Bible to the body—as though both the Body of Christ and the Earth depended on it (because they do).